Thursday 23 August 2012

Me at the Inaugural Indian F1 Grand Prix


           It was a day before race day, not just any Race day but India’s biggest day in the history of Motorsports.The first  ever Formula 1 Race here at Buddha International Circuit. Nuff said! I was so excited I could barely sleep even after travelling 32 hours non-stop.I directly went to the track at 4 pm in the evening but sadly that day's action was over. I was just bowled over by the track’s beauty. I will never forget the sun-set from the stand on BIC. There was blue SLS & a silver E-AMG doing fast laps on track.


          When it was first announced that F1 would be held here in India, I took time to digest it. I decided I would be there at any cost & I was, all thanks to BSMotoring who gave me tickets to glory. It was dream, come true. For me, watching Indian GP was @#$%^&*(no words). Not even my wildest dreams I ever did dream of watching a race right here in Indian this soon and when it came true, I was lost for words. 

          On race day I was early to track, on way a sight of a blue Murcielago & blazing yellow Gallardo just gave me an image of what was coming my way. As I went near I was just stunned at seeing the BIC. Instead going to directly into the stands I decided to go around every corner, exit and parking lot looking for some cool cars. For my luck I saw a couple of vintage cars as I went closer I realised it was the convoy  vintage cars which would ferry Drivers in Parade, among them there was a beautiful Jaguar E-type and a red Mustang. Every car had sticker with Respective driver to be ferried name, like a small kid went on touching all cars clicking pictures but to touch the Micheal Schumacher &and Sebastian Vettel’s cars was a great feeling. I headed back to my stand & to my luck I got a drop it a E-class. Now it was time for Hardcore action.

          It was a hot afternoon and I settled in my Classic East stand just close to Turn 3, according to me it was the best place to be seated, if you ignored the blazing sun. I could easily see turn 2 and 3. But if I stood up on my chair I could, which I did. i could see cars doing 300kmph on the long straight and even turn 4 was visible.

          Drivers parade was flagged-off and the leading the pack was Narain Kartikeyan, the crowd gave a standing applause to the only Indian Driver and  then Schumi, Vettel, Button came. I said to myself, this must be a dream, but my vision finally met reality when Mark Webber came waving the Indian Tricolor Flag and the crowd went in an uncontrollable excitement and that woke me up. Now it was time for Track Inspection, a Silver SLS AMG Safety Car fired up the track. Then moments before race, for the first time in F1 GP,’Jana  Gana Mana’ was played, my chest swelled with pride. Finally the moment came; the start was a tense affair. There was huge excitement in air and was expecting a lot of cars in pack near my turn. As lights went green I could hear the unmistakable rumble of a F1 car approaching me. The ear busting cacophony at 19,000rpm in top-gear of  24 cars coming made my heart loose its rhythm & that oh so famous moment as cars come on turn-3 and bending exhaust gases making that familiar crackling sound and then again roaring back to all its glory. Every single part of those things related to Physics working in perfect harmony to bring towards me my first ever sighting of F1 car in action!!The sight made me stand on my seat & soon the whole stand was on its feet for the 1st 5 laps. The superb symphony of V8 engine @ 19,000rpm will be something which I will remember forever.

          It was the Little German vettel who was leading the pack, at behind a mayhem near my seats ensured and a couple of cars lost grip and finally a white thick smoke was coming out of a car and in next 100mtrs he came to halt and it was a retirement. Out marshals handled the situation really well. The dusty track caused a few problems but the race went on safely. As predicted Vettel finished top wth Button and Alonso sharing podiums. I was happy that our Home team finished in top 10 but my screams of joy were unison with Tifosi family spread far and wide. The was Mighty Successful  with close to 95,000 spectators who really seemed the race and every driver agreed that it was the best track. Hats-off to all guys involved in making this track. The track was enormus,mindblowing infrastructure and facilities. The BIC showed that others need to match its class. Now I jst want to wear a helmet & drive at BIC. I cant just wait to come back next time and see the race again.


Tejalinga

2 comments:

  1. vrooooooom!!! get me dere nxt tym u go.. awsum 1 buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure buddy...it is in this coming October again...leave ur info so that i can make arrangements for tickets well in advance

      Delete