Monday 27 August 2012

New bike? A tough choice to make

          It's time for me to take my first bike, but which will be it? A naked, full-fairing or a cruiser ? Ah hell, lots of confusions and heart or brain decisions to make. Am myself a bike freak and have advised & helped many people to choose their ride but when it comes liberty of making my own decision I get the drift :-( .
Seriously, its never easy for a people like us to choose our own ride, it changes with moods and this gives me goosebumps. I want a fast bike but at the same time I want a stunt capable piece with lots of hooliganism as standard.

          I am a hardcore Ducati fan and love all of them, they are best looking motorcycles known for high performance. They have been my favorites since few years and of all I love the new 1199 Panigale the most, my dream bike. But at present with my inability to rob a bank, it will have to be in my dreams for few more days. But one day I will surely ride home the star Ducati with my own money. I personally feel the dream bike should be only brought with one's own money, only then you enjoy true biking.

But as of now let me rely on my dad's money and take a decent performer.
So lets a take a look at all premium affordable bikes in India.


          Bajaj: To any Indian youth when it comes to choosing a bike. The Bajaj's occupy the front slot.
With the rich Pulsar heritage they simply rule our road. The P220, for me it was just perfect combo of  both naked and faired feel, sadly its dated now . The new NS200 is superb machine to have but I donno why it's not to my personal liking, but nevertheless it's a great bike. A true hooligan.
Avenger: No Cruiser pls as of now.

          Honda: Well, I seriously like the Honda CBR250R. I have ridden it hard and I have liking for it. It's a rewarding motorcycle that is fast enough to hold your own attention for a good few years. I just love the way it looks, the idea of having a CBR is a pretty good one as it will be the fastest machine in campus. But the only concerns are limited color palette and the full-fairing(no hard stunts) and yes no new phone for another 6-months.
 
          The Yamaha's: The R15 is a strong contender too, its got the hottest looking butt which would even put star of the Yamaha line R1 to shame. Just look it man, its too hot. Dislikes: The fact its a 150cc is a big let down, a 250 from the Yamaha stable will be encouraging.
The FZ-16 is also cool but I leave it out for same reason, not enough power.

          Suzuki: The Inazuma is not any wear near the launch this year, it drops out naturally. Even the GS150R with 6-speed gear box and really cool instrument display is not cool enough for my needs.

          Hero: The Karizma ZMR is undoubtedly a impressive bike, known for its performance, handling, smoothness and comfort. This will be my choice for long distance solo trips.Well this bike has nothing to complain but still doesn't make itself in to top spot, but it will be a strong contender.
The Impluse is not for me, it doesn't even go with image nor my preferences
The Hunk & CBZ-X-Treme being goodbikes fail to impress me on aesthetics & feature wise.

          TVS: The Apache line-up is simply awesome. It's handling, performance & brakes are terrific! I like the blue-lit cluster too on the 180. Take one and you won't go wrong. And the let down then? Poor grip from tires & my neighbor roomie has one.

          Royal-Enfield: The thump-thump make a good choice but I am too young to have them, This is the age for wheelie's & stoppie's, not crusing!( ok I agree occasionally), and moreover my spines are still rock-hard to handle mono-shock's & the CafeRacer is not here yet.



          Ninja's & Hyosung: The Ninja 250R as we all know is the best 250 in the world. But, far cry from buy budget.

         KTM: Guess, you guys have been thinking what is this name doing in the last, my friends, the best is always reserved at the last. The Duke200 will be bike likely to come home. I been a admirer of Austrian brand from quite a long time & I am well aware about the brand heritage.
Look at this bike, it's even cooler than ice. The bike has every right piece of element, looks, power, speed, technology & blah blah. This is the perfect machine, plus it's a naked fighter. Just like Salman without shirt, you prefer him in that way right? This bike is legendary & can make a stunt junkie out of anyone.Hooliganism comes Standard in it. This is the right one for me & looks like orange bike will be mine, mine ,mine.




ll of the bikes in comparison are nice, look great and are extremely powerful with each serving specific type of drivers. They are the best Premium bikes made by Indian manufacturers.
The competing edge between the best motorcycle in the section and the runner up is vanishing with competition getting intense.
You could select a motorcycle in these quickly if you know what you want out of it namely ride quality, handling, Power, mileage and Engine tech.

Comparison Chart:

Karizma ZMR
Pulsar 220F
Yamaha R15
Ninja 250R
CBR 250R
KTM 200 Duke
Cylinders
Single
Single
Single
Twin
Single
Single
Single
Capacity
223cc
220cc
149.8cc
249cc
249cc
199.5cc
200cc
Power
17.6/7000
21/8500
17/8500
32.5/11000
25/8500
23.17/9500
25/10000
Torque
18.4/6000
19.2/7000
15/7500
22/9500
22.9/7000
18.3/8000
19/8000
Gears
5-Speed
5-Speed
6-Speed
6-Speed
6-Speed
6-Speed
6-Speed
Cooling
Air-cooled
Oil-cooled
Liquid
Liquid
Liquid
Liquid
Liquid
Rear Tyre
100/90×18
120/90×17
130/70×17
130/70×17
140/70×17
130/70×17
150/60×17
Wheelbase
1350mm
1350mm
1345mm
1400mm
1367mm
1363mm
1361mm
Fuel Tank
15 L
15 L
12 L
17 L
13 L
12 L
11 L
Weight
159 Kg
150 Kg
136 Kg
170 Kg
167 Kg
145 Kg
125 Kg


Note: All above figures are from online resources, figures may vary from manufacturer's claim.


                                                                                                                                                Tejalinga
       
       

No comments:

Post a Comment